Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Tough Love

The following post ran in today's TriadMomsOnMain.com newsletter.  Enjoy!

"The longer I’m a Realtor, the easier it is to counsel my clients. Maybe it’s because mamas have to practice 'tough love' in all areas of our lives," says Amanda Shore with The Shore Team at Allen Tate Realtors. "We recently celebrated my son’s 5th birthday at a picnic shelter. He kept throwing his ball up on the sloped roof and watching it roll back down. I heard my husband say, 'if it gets stuck, it’s gone… no replacements.' So… guess what happened?
"I wanted to run to the store and buy another (it was $1, it’s his BIRTHDAY, he’s only 5!!!!), but my husband pointed out that this was a teachable moment (and a little tough love). My son wasn’t happy, but he was more careful the next time he was warned.
allen tate
"The same applies in my job. When we tell you to remove the red flocked wallpaper from the bathroom, we aren’t trying to be mean. We know it’s hard to hear, but we also know how to get your home sold quickly and for the most money. Again, we have to use a little tough love.
"It’s easier to go buy another $1 ball… it’s easier to keep the red wallpaper… but the easier option isn’t always the best option. Trust me, Mama knows."
To get to know Amanda (three time Choice Awards winner) and the Shore Team better, "like" them on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment