Tuesday, February 14, 2012

It Isn't Personal

I have had some really hard conversations with potential sellers lately. I feel like I am constantly bursting a bubble... but if I tell you that I think the most compelling price for your property is X, it isn't because I don't like the house. I am basing my advice on research of the market -- what has sold, and more importantly these days, what hasn't -- as well as the day to day experience of viewing homes with buyers and hearing what they do or do not like. Some agents (sad to say) will let you tell them what price it should be. While I am open to discussion, if the market doesn't support it, I won't do it. I don't have a crystal ball and don't claim to know it all, but I have had quite a few folks come back to me lately when their homes failed to sell with other Realtors who were willing to list it for anything just to get their signs in the yard. Are you better off listing high with Agent A now, sitting on the market for 6,9, or 12 months, and THEN getting what I advised in the beginning, or should you price it there NOW and at least save yourself some time? Unfortunately, there isn't a science to it, but when I suggest a list price range, I DO have your best interest at heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment