Thursday, July 21, 2011

Do Our Priorities Match?

I had an interesting conversation with a potential seller this morning. He was asking about certain marketing tools and I was explaining what I use and what I don't, the parameters of my "work week", etc. I explained to him that while I am still full-time, I had taken on a partner in January to fill the gaps in my schedule that were created by my mandatory family time. I am no longer a 24/7 agent, in other words! There are simply some times that I am no longer accessible (besides an occasional call or email for an emergency), because I want those certain times to be for my children. As I explained this to him, he stopped me and said, "You don't have to explain it to me... how can I expect you to take care of my family if you don't take care of yours first?" He gets it -- if things are ok at home, I am a much more productive agent. If only everyone else did!

No comments:

Post a Comment