Thursday, March 10, 2011

It Works Both Ways

Please understand... I love people. I love this business. I love doing something different every day. I love getting to know people. I love exceeding people's expectations.

What I don't love is unrealistic expectations. A lot of agents are out there. Some are experienced, some are not. With experience comes wisdom, confidence, and practical advice. Most folks out there do not want to be an agent's first client... they don't want to be the one who has to learn hard lessons along with the agent. They want their agent to have already learned those lessons and for their relationship to benefit from those experiences.

But here's the problem... an experienced agent is probably also a very busy one. To get the benefit of working with an experienced agent, you may have to "share" your agent with others. This does not mean your needs are not importyant, but it may mean that your agent is dealing with an emergency with another client and can't call you back until later.

I want all of my clients to feel like they are my only client, but I also need them to know that they are not. If you work with me based on my experience and track record, please understand that I probably have several transactions going at once. I will do my best for you, and if it is an emergency you will come first, but if there are other more pressing matters you may have to wait a few hours for a return phone call. There are agents out there who may be able to give you 100% of their time, but I think in those situations consumers need to ask why they are able to do that... Is it because they are brand new and inexperienced? Is it because they do not have a good reputation in the market? Is it because all of their clients have fired them? Is it because they have been on a month long vacation and therefore know nothing of current inventory?

In a nutshell, with experience comes an occasional need to compromise. If I don't call you back because I am on the phone with another client until after 10pm (which is later than I am usually up anyway!), rest assured you will be first on my list to call in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment