Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Why Being a Mom Makes Me a Better Realtor

As I sit here watching my daughter blissfully nap in her swing and await the arrival of my husband and son home from a long day, I can't help but think about how being a mom has changed me. I knew it would change how I planned my daily life and how I spent my money, but I didn't realize that it would change the fundamental ways in which I look at everything, even my job. I have always worked with clients with concerns regarding neighborhoods, schools, etc. Those two things, among others, are important factors for home buyers with children. I have always understood that. I used to get that a certain school was important, or a neighborhood pool, for example, but now I GET IT. The welfare of your children colors every decision you make, from deciding where to eat supper to where to buy a home. We no longer come first, and I wouldn't have it any other way. Being a mom has made me more compassionate, empathetic, and patient (life was simpler when I didn't care so much!), and hopefully my clients will see that I really do GET IT now.

No comments:

Post a Comment