Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mortgage Loan Application aka I'm Back!!!

You have probably noticed it's been a while since my last post -- 4 weeks in fact! -- but I am back now after basking in the bliss of having a beautiful new baby. Just let me know if you want to see pictures!

Anyway, I am working with several first time buyers or folks who haven't purchased in many years right now, and I often get asked what a lender will need for that first appointment regarding the oh-so-important loan application. Because being expedient in applying and getting the necessary documents together is part of a purchase agreement, it helps to know what to expect up front. The following is a comprehensive list of what most lenders will need:

-- Residence addresses for 2 years
-- Last 2 years of paystubs, W2s, tax returns, etc.
-- Names and addresses of all employers for last 2 years
-- Last 3 months bank statements for all savings & checking accounts
-- Addresses of all real estate owned with lender info, mortgage balance, monthly payment, etc.
-- A check to pay for your credit report and appraisal
-- Copy of purchase contract
-- Copy of divorce decree if applicable
-- Copy of bankruptcy papers if applicable
-- Certificate of eligibiltiy if VA

As always, I am here to help. Call, text, email, or tweet me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment