Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What's Your Story?

At our sales meeting yesterday, our guest speaker talked with us about being trusted advisers to our clients. He emphasized to us that we should be fostering "clients for life." It really hit home with me -- some of my best friends are past clients of mine. He talked about looking past the purchase and seeing the person. What makes people tick? What circumstances led them to my door? What are they hoping to accomplish?

The most interesting part of my job is getting to know so many different people. When you spend hours and hours within the confines of a vehicle, you can really learn a lot! So, just be aware -- when we are viewing homes, or I am giving you tips on how to prepare your home for the market, I will ask a lot of questions. You may feel I am being nosy or intrusive, but it is very important to me to understand the whys, whats, and hows of a situation. If I know that you don't want to remove the wallpaper in the extra bedroom because it's the last project your mom did before she died, then I'll probably quit pushing so hard. Knowing what motivates you helps me develop the most effective strategy to helping you accomplish your goals. From now on, don't be surprised if I ask "What's your story?"

No comments:

Post a Comment