Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A House or History?

One of my favorite aspects of my career is the different people I get to meet. I have a home listed now in Asbury Place in Clemmons that is owned by a really sweet lady. When we listed the home, she got teary-eyed talking about all the wonderful memories she had made there. It really hit home with me that not only am I selling someone's home but someone's history. When I look at my clients and their different situations as such, it really humbles me to think I have been entrusted with something so sacred. Even more motivation is there to make their selling experience a positive one, so that their memories are not tainted. She talked of evenings sitting on the beautiful back deck with her husband -- looking out over the flowers they had so lovingly cultivated, the birds that regularly visited their birdfeeders, and their sweet grandchildren playing. Every time I go there, I stand on that back deck and just imagine... and fervently hope someone comes along who will make such wonderful memories as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment