Tuesday, June 5, 2012

A 6 Day Closing!

Whew! What a week! I have meant to post so many times lately about just how difficult the loan process is becoming, and I still will... but this picture speaks a thousand words! A local lender with a good reputation really put the buyer in this home through the ringer, and then there were so many "clerical" issues at closing that it literally took 6 days from start to finish to get all the "i"s dotted and "t"s crossed. In my 10 years in the business, I had never seen some of the obstacles thrown our way... and I had also never had a Doritos picnic outside the attorney's office! My seller was a jewel, as was the buyer, but honestly, it is getting harder and harder for us to do our jobs. This is on day 6, when we know all will be ok... only then could you snap a picture and see such contentment! The moral of the story? No matter how good your credit, no matter how cooperative you are with the lender, no matter how much you have to put down, the loan process now WILL be different from anything you have ever experienced! All the more reason to have a seasoned, experienced Realtor at your side...

No comments:

Post a Comment