Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why Own?

SO MUCH is being said in the media right now about the merits (or lack thereof) of owning a home in today's economy. Forget dollars and cents for a moment... what about the following:


• It’s a great long term investment.
• It’s a great place to raise a family.
• It gives you a greater sense of community.
• It’s less expensive than renting. Pay yourself each month, not a landlord.
• People who currently own have no regrets about owning their home.


My home is falling apart and a tremendous amount of upkeep. It's also more home than I need and still bearing the 80s decor of my precious deceased mother-in-law. But, you know what? It's where I want to raise my children. Enough said. That means more to me than interest rates, return on investment, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment